Friday, August 22, 2008

MY FIRST BLOG ENTRY! (and it's only about two months overdue)

So, David created this blog for me about two months ago, maybe more, and this is my very first post. I don't know that I can say that I expected anything different out of myself. I don't scrapbook and I'm horrible about remembering to write in a journal. However, I am going to try to overcome my slacker tendencies and keep up with this blog.
It seems like it is customary for the first post to give some info on the blogger, so here goes:





This is me (Morgan) and my husband David. We met in Athens, GA. We have been married a little over two years. It has been a crazy couple of years, with a move from Athens to Tampa, FL, and then back to Athens. In the time since we've been married David has graduated from the University of Georgia as a Landscape Architect and is now working in that field. I have also graduated from UGA with a degree in English, but I have yet to settle on a career and am currently working at the university. I sense that more schooling is in my future.

Over the past few years that David and I have been together, I have observed that we are opposites in so many ways. David is an introvert (anyone that knows him, knows that I am right) and I am an extrovert. David's idea of paradise would be a deserted island containing only books and food (his two favorite things)-oh yeah, and me. I however, love to be around people. I talk a lot (sometimes too much) and I love having fun with David and friends and family. We sometimes agree on music and movies, but we always agree on books. We love to read. Our books are our prized possessions. Our life goal is to completely surround ourselves in books- I think we're on our way! Another thing we both love is the outdoors and being active. We love being outside. David is a runner (he's currently training for the Atlanta Marathon), so he spends lots of time outside. I have currently picked up tennis. I love going down to our nice little tennis court in the woods to play! We also love whitewater canoeing and hiking and camping. We're way excited about the fall and all of the fun outdoor things that come with cooler weather!

So there we are. We're different, but we make sense and we always have fun together! There will be many more posts and many more pictures of all of the fun to come!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Morgan, I have been awaiting this post for a long long time!!! I am so excited for the future of all of your crazy stories, memories and thoughts. You are going to be such a great blogger ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I think it takes time to get into blogging, so do just that!! And have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I'm excited to keep up more with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Morgan!