Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Birthday Fun!

My 24th birthday was this past weekend. David asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him that all I wanted was a birthday dinner at Rusan's and tickets to see Twilight. I don't know how the movie executives knew that I wished for Twilight on my birthday, but they were kind enough to grant me my wish!
So we started the night at Rusan's. I decided that we should sit in the patio area, since it would be quieter and we wouldn't bother any of the other guests in the main dining area. They assured me when I made the reservation that the area would be sealed and they would have heaters, but who knew that the plastic liner they put around the patio would have huge gaps in it.



Notice we all have our jackets and scarves on. And Josh and Natalie had to stand by the heater to thaw out!

Aside from the chill, we had lots of fun! I have great friends!


After the dinner we headed off to see TWILIGHT!!!
I am so obsessed with Twilight, that I stipulated that the dinner must be over 1 1/2 hours before the beginning of the movie, so that I could wait in line and get a great seat. David humored me as he always does when it comes to my obsessions.


We got a great place at the front of the line-right behind some Twilight moms with homemade t-shirts and hours worth of Twilight quizzes. I eavesdropped on the questions-I knew pretty much all of them. The obsession is getting bad, I'm not kidding. If I start talking about it, it's not long before I'm hopping up and down and shaking my fists in fits of hysteria. David just keeps repeating that he'll be glad when this is all over and he has his wife back. The problem is, will it ever be over? As long as they keep coming out with movies-my weird pre-teenish obsession will continue. I'm thinking of writing the publishers to see if they laced the pages of the books with crack.

A few faithful friends joined us in line for the movie.
Miles did his best vampire impression for us.




David was kind enough to get to the theater early and sit for an hour on the floor of the lobby, an act that defied all of his notions of sanitation, all for me! I love this man! He is my Edward times ten!

I wish I could say that the movie lived up to my expectations, but sadly it did not. I loved parts of the movie and I have every intention of seeing it again soon, maybe several more times, but I wish that several things had been different. For instance, I wish that they had not added scenes to the movie that weren't in the book or changed the way certain characters talked or acted-like Billy-he would NEVER say "that's the bomb"! But overall I loved the movie and I'm way excited for New Moon!
It was a great 24th birthday! Thanks to all of my friends and family for making me feel special. I love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that David is your Edward times ten... because after the racey card that Bonnie gave you I was a little worried.

Happy Birthday Morgan!!!