Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend

David wrapped up his summer semester this past Thursday, so we decided to take a trip to the mountains to relax and spend time with family.

I love our drive to the Cates' home.


The house is beautiful all year, but I really love it in the summertime!


Friday night we visited the Blairsville courthouse to listen to blue grass. It was really fun - they played lots of traditional southern tunes and everyone sang along.



We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing. We slept in, explored the mountains and went blackberry picking in the rain - it was wonderful!




We returned home with our bounty and made homemade blackberry cobbler . . . yum!

After a great weekend with David's mom and the always adorable Murphy . . .


. . . we headed to Athens to reunite with some of our favorites for Aaron's birthday.



As usual, Aaron wouldn't let me take a picture of him. I guess I will forever have to post pictures of his elbows.


One of my favorite highlights of the trip - getting to see Natalie - I've missed you!


We had a fun, relaxing weekend. And I have 13 more days to enjoy with David before Fall semester starts. I'm sure I'll be posting more about our adventures!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

awwww morgan, you are so sweet. Those few moments were not long enough...please come again soon :)