Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's in the light and the air

Every year, around mid-September, I start getting butterflies in my stomach. I can see and feel a difference in the light and the air. When the butterflies arrive, I know that Fall is coming!
I think the butterflies are a result of my extreme obsession with and adoration of all things Fall.
I've checked out several of my friend's blogs, and it looks like they have the feeling, too!

In anticipation of the coming season, I thought I would do my first Fall post.
As mentioned several hundred times before, I love lists, so I thought I would do a combination "Happiness Is" post with a rundown of my loves for Fall.

So . . .

FALL Happiness is:


1. the best weather: breezy, crisp, with a slight chill in the air that slowly builds to perfection
2. holidays: my two favorite, to be exact. Halloween and Thanksgiving (this is excluding the mother of all holidays, Christmas, of course)
3. Fall fashion: cardis, scarves, blazers, cords - everything in nice, rich hues.
4. Fall colors: nothing is better than sitting in the park surrounded by the beautiful reds, yellows and oranges of Autumn
5. camping: blankets and pink noses, huddled around the campfire, drinking hot chocolate - pretty much perfect
6. watching Fall come to the city
7. running without dying of heat exhaustion or freezing
8. the food: caramel apples, the return of soups and other cool weather-friendly meals, and Thanksgiving dinner - minus the turkey!
9. birthdays: 5 of the 9 members of my family (the Dunns and the Cates) have Fall birthdays
10. the best reason of all: cool weather = lots of cuddling with David!

Now for my Fall loves . . .

J Crew is tormenting me with their amazing Fall looks. Every year, around this time, I start drooling over the catalog and website.
Luckily, I have a lovely husband and mother who saw fit to contribute a few key pieces to my Fall wardrobe.

Like the toothpick ankle jeans and cords.
Finally, a jean I don't have to get altered!
I love the fit, the rinse, everything. Plus, I thought they would be hard to breath in, but surprisingly, they're not!




They look great with a cardi or blazer, a bright scarf and ballet flats or heels. I love having simple pieces that can be switched around to form dozens of looks!

I'm sure as October approaches, I'll have much more to say about Fall fashion, food, crafts and general happenings!

sidewalk image via simply photo
clothing images via polyvore and kaboodle

No comments: