Saturday, September 26, 2009

Running Love

David just returned from his first 18 mile run of his training schedule for this marathon. He ran it at a 7 minute 26 seconds pace. I'm so proud of him. We got no sleep last night and the heat decided to pick back up. So all things considered, it was a pretty good pace. Just a few minutes over the qualifying time for the Boston Marathon.
We really, really hope he can qualify, because we've been trying to decide where we want to go for our 4th anniversary this Spring, and the Boston Marathon falls really close to our wedding date.
I've never been to Boston, but I really want to go. It's one of David's favorite cities in the US and he's been dying to go back, so this would be perfect!
Here's the shot I forced him to take post-run.
He's a good sport to let me chronicle his training!



As soon as he got back and started stretching, David had me play one of his favorite songs for him. It's by his favorite band, Yo La Tengo. I love this song. It makes me think of David and it makes me happy.


1 comment:

Ash said...

I love that song! And way to go David!