Sunday, June 27, 2010

Any Ideas?



I can't seem to find the right shampoo.
Never in my life have I been completely satisfied with the shampoo or conditioner I have used.
For years I have used Bumble and Bumble Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich Conditioner.
They work pretty well, but I'm just not completely happy with the texture of my hair after I've washed and styled my hair.
We recently purchased Nature's Gate Tea Tree Calming Shampoo.


This shampoo actually works really well as a clarifying shampoo on my hair, but it's not ideal for daily use.
So I'm putting this out there. Does anyone have any suggestions for all natural (or at least almost all natural) shampoos and conditioners that they absolutely love? Ideally, they would work well on my semi-thick/humidity-induced frizz/bi-weekly blow dried hair. I don't really use shampoos like Pantene or Garnier, because the alcohol and other ingredients in them really dry my hair out and only add to the frizz/tangles.
I thought about just purchasing the Nature's Gate regular shampoo, because I think it's a good company, but I would prefer to use something that comes highly recommended, rather than just blindly trying something out.
Any ideas?
Otherwise, I think I will be trying out more Nature's Gate.

image via the vitamin shoppe

3 comments:

Krista said...

Hey, have you heard of the "No Poo" movement/idea? Check it out... http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html

I'm seriously going to try it this week I think.

sug said...

i have been using the biotin restorative conditioner for awhile now and love love it!

Morgan Cates said...

I wonder how the no shampoo works if you style your hair a few times a week? I think the initial 2 weeks to 2 months of adjusting scares me.

Janie, have you used any of their shampoos?