Saturday, July 3, 2010

LA ROUX

There are some days that turn out to be not so brilliant.

We all have them.

Sometimes, at the end of the day, I feel extremely tired or stressed or miffed, if you will. On those days, I turn to my ipod for a song to improve my mood.

I love music. Nothing else has the ability to change my state of mind and make me instantly happy or sad or any number of emotions in the way that music can.

When I’m looking for a song to make me happy, I always wind up scrolling to La Roux.

I am in love with all of their music, but I especially love “I’m Not Your Toy”.

Just ask David, when this song comes on – at home, in the car, waiting for MARTA – I can’t help but dance and smile. It is such a fun song.

Which is why I’m very, very excited that David has procured two tickets to see La Roux at the Variety Playhouse on July 31st!

It is going to be wonderful. I will be dancing all night long!

Please enjoy one of my favorite La Roux songs:

Her hair is odd, she is odd, she loves Prince and David Bowie - she's perfect.


video via youtube.

-Once again, my blog does not seem to be able to handle files of a certain size.


2 comments:

Katy said...

Oh my goodness...I (heart) La Roux too and i'm going to the concert, I just need to find some people to go with...you can' beat $15 tickets! I hope I see you there!

Morgan Cates said...

I called and left you a message about that weekend and the concert.
Call me!