Saturday, July 10, 2010

Listening To . . .

Just a handful of songs that are getting me through the summer in this hot, hot city.

1. “Cosmic Love” – Florence + the Machine

2. “As If by Magic” – La Roux

3. “Fake Plastic Trees” – Radiohead

4.”Pale Blue Eyes” – R.E.M.

5.”Here Comes Your Man” – the Pixies

6.”Don’t Worry Baby” – the Beach Boys

7.”Girls Just Want to Have Fun” – Starf***er

8.”Rockaway Beach” – the Ramones

9.”Glorylight and Christie” – Cotton Jones

10. “Main Theme from Gone with the Wind” – The City of Prague Philharmonic (this one might seem odd, but living in Atlanta, it seems apropos. It’s a little surreal listening to it as I’m riding over the city on MARTA)

And most importantly, the number one thing that gets me through my summer days is NPR podcasts of The Moth: Storytelling Series, and my favorite, Car Talk!

If you have never listened to Car Talk, you’re missing out. Click and Clack are the funniest Bostonian brothers ever!

I love this video from Florence + the Machine-great visuals!

video via youtube

No comments: