Monday, October 20, 2008

Twilight



Let me just say that if you are friends with me, you probably already know how OBSESSED I am with the Twilight series. I have caught some flack for my obsession from persons who shall not be named, but I make no apologies. I was going through major Harry Potter withdrawals when Stephanie Meyer came along and saved the day. I do not feel guilty that I am now re-reading the series. I just finished a 1,000 page 19th century British novel, so I feel that I am due to indulge in a bit of fluff!
I love these books! I recommend them to everyone I know. And if you're not a snob about book-to-movie transitions, I also recommend the movie coming out in November. It is actually coming out on my birthday - and I told David that as long as he would take me to see the movie, I wouldn't ask for anything else!
Also, if you have already read all of the books and are craving more, then I recommend going to Stephanie Meyer's website www.stepheniemeyer.com to read the partial draft of her would-be fifth book in the series. It's titled Midnight Sun and is written from Edward's perspective. She was working on the draft when an unauthorized person posted it on the internet. Now she is postponing the completion of the book indefinitely. Tear. I hope that one day she will decide to finish it! I like having Edward as the narrator as much if not more than Bella.
Conclusion of this story: Twilight is the best and anyone who says differently does not know what they're talking about, so don't listen to them!
P.S. Disregard the release date on the poster - it comes out November 21st.

image @ hushgossip.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got into Twilight a few months ago - I'm on the third book now. You aren't the only one getting made fun of! I'll probably be going by myself to see the movie but I'm ok with that. Hope you guys are doing well! -Katie