Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas with the Cates

Being married means two Christmases, so on Christmas morning we loaded up the car and left the Dunn family abode and headed to the Blue Ridge Mountains for a cabin Christmas. Donna fixed a wonderful meal and we opened presents!




The next day we all decided to go for a hike on part of the Appalachian Trail near the Cates' home. The puppies had a great time exploring the trail.



David's parents had to leave the next day for a wedding in California, so we gladly offered to house-sit for them. David got some cuddling in with Murph.


And I continued in the tedious task of teaching myself to play the piano.


That weekend we decided to do some exploring, so we drove up to Copper Hill, Tennessee and drove and hiked in the National Forest areas. We found the most beautiful creek in the heart of the forest.




Monday was David's birthday. I took him to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant (his favorite!) and then I gave him his birthday present.


The watch is J Crew's Timex military watch. I'm very proud of this gift, because I was able to surprise him with it, a feat which I have never accomplished before. I either get too excited and spill the beans or he just looks at our bank statement and sees that I bought him something. Thanks to some help from my mom, I was able to keep it a secret until his birthday!

The Cates came home the next day and we decided to go horseback riding for David's birthday. The day was perfect for riding and the land we rode on was so nice and secluded.





Thanks to Donna and Dewey for providing us with a restful week. We had lots of fun!
The next day we headed back to Athens for the New Year. . .

No comments: