Monday, October 26, 2009

Our New Addition

No, I'm not pregnant. The new addition I am referring to is a new bed. At this point in my life, a new bed is more exciting than a new baby (If you had to sleep in our old bed every night, you would understand).
For the past year, at least, David and I have not had a sound night of sleep. Let me outline the reasons why:
1. Our bed sags in the middle, so we are constantly on an incline, which means we are in a constant state of rolling towards the center.
2. Our bed creaks. If you move your head, it creaks. If you scratch your nose, it creaks.
3. Our bed does not absorb motion, at all. If David blinks, I feel it on my side of the bed.

I think those reasons are sufficient evidence. Our bed is slowly trying to kill us. It's chosen method: sleep deprivation.

So, I think my mother-in-law finally got tired of talking to the zombies that had replaced her son and daughter-in-law, because she bought us a lovely, lovely pillow-top bed.
I'm pretty sure we won't be receiving birthday presents for the next several years, which is more than fine with me. The rest I experienced my first weekend on the new bed is sooooo worth it!
Our new bed received a makeover, as well. We bought a comfy duvet cover and pillows at IKEA. Now we just need to move to our new house, and the bedroom transformation will be complete.

(I forgot to mention that we are moving, again. Four times in one year - I think that has to be some kind of record. Our new house is bigger and younger - we're pretty excited.)
Anyways, back to the bed . . .

In the past, we dreaded bedtime, and every morning, we couldn't wait to get up.
Now, we have trouble getting out of bed. It beckons us to sleep a little longer.
It's beyond wonderful.
Just wanted to share our good news.
Don't worry, we'll be sending out Christmas cards of us and our new bed. Maybe we'll even get one of it on Santa's knee. Yes, it's THAT special.

Thanks to the best mother-in-law, ever.

No comments: