Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Current Loves for the Fall

One of my favorite things EVER is shopping! However, David and I are trying to save for a future move to Portland, so I am trying to curb my shopping appetite. This is going to be very difficult, because we are moving into my favorite season. I love Fall fashion! Plus, starting this month and continuing until February our family has a long string of birthdays, so gifts and shopping are all I can think about! We have already broken our clothing fast and bought a few Fall pieces! Hopefully that will be enough, and come mid-October; i won't go on a crazy spending spree! Here is my long top ten list of things I love right now.

Things I LOVE:

1. PLAID! - so adorable and still really feminine!


















Top Left - Anthropologie
Top Right - Urban Outfitters
Left - Urban Outfitters












2. MOCCASINS! - I ordered this pair! I'm waiting for them to come in the mail so I'll have something to walk around in when we go to NYC at the beginning of October! I'm really excited-about the shoes and the trip!











Minnetonka Moccasins


3. THE COMPLETE LIBRARY OF DAVID SEDARIS! - Disregard my book post. I know I said I was not going to buy another book until I read everything in our library, but I'm making an exception for David Sedaris. I've read Me Talk Pretty One Day. This book caused me to cry because I was laughing so hard - I love it when a book can do that. These are just a couple from his library. I am also dying for his Audio CDs! His sister, Amy Sedaris, does some of the readings on the CDS. Sedaris is great for travel and rainy day reading!












4. ARTISAN EARRINGS! I love these, so pretty and delicate!






























Top - Kevia
Center - Ylang 23
Bottom - Abigail A. Percy



5. FALL DRESSES - RUFFLES, PRINTS & SWEATER DRESSES!
I love being a girl!


















Top - Banana Republic
Center - Nanette Lepore
Bottom - J Crew






















6. CHUNKY HEELS! More adventurous for me, but so cute for Fall!












Top Left - DV by Dolce Vita
Top Right - Seychelles
Left - Marc by Marc Jacobs (I love that color blue!)






7. COOKING! (or at least the idea of it) - David and I are trying to make sure that we are getting all of the nourishment we need from a fish and vegetarian diet, which can be difficult. These books look fun and helpful - and everyone needs a cute, frilly apron to inspire them to cook!
The New Becoming Vegetarian by Vesanto Melina and Brenda Davis
The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen by Peter Berley













apron - Anthropologie








8. FALL JACKETS! I am so excited about the cool weather that will hopefully be here by October (maybe?) I love cool nights and cute coats!















Top Left - Urban Outfitters
Top Right - Tulle
Left - Gap












9. BELTS! - I love belts. I wear one almost every day. I don't really like the kind that actually go through the belt loops - I'm more a fan of the around-the-waist, over a blouse or jacket kind! However, I am always willing to try anything - I think the high-waisted jeans I ordered would look good with a belt through the loops. I am in need of some new belts because according to some people (Bonnie) I wear my green Anthropologie one way too much!
















Top Left - Old Navy
Top Right - Anthropologie
Left - Anthropologie








10. FALL FRAGRANCES - ORIENTAL FLORALS! I love all of the different elements that go into these scents! These are my three favorites and their notes:
-Tocca Brigitte -
Rhubarb, Papaya, Ginger, Rose, Iris, Saffron, Sandalwood, Musk.
-Kenzo Flower - Wild Hawthorne, Bulgarian Rose, Parma Violet, Cassia, Hedione, Cyclosal, Opoponax, White Musk, Vanilla.
-Nanette Lepore Shanghai Butterfly - Lemon Slice, Mandarin, Snow Apple, Carnation, Lily of the Valley, Gardenia, Poet's Jasmine, Whisper Rose, Oriental Leaves, Green Cedar, Siberian Musk, Sandalwood.

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally agree with you on the fragrances for autumn. I've just come across Flower after ordering it online and i love the smell of vanilla and musk from when i wear it.

Anonymous said...

Winter and fall dresses are so hard to find. What a score.!