Friday, September 19, 2008

What to do?

I tend to be an indecisive person. In fact, I am so indecisive that David and I have made an agreement. Every time that I say "I don't know", he gets $20. It's kind of like a swear word jar, but aimed at breaking me of my habitual indecisiveness. I think it has really helped me. Now when David asks me a question, like what I want to do or what I want to eat, instead of immediately answering "I don't know"; I actually pause and think about it and give him a direct answer. It's good for both of us. Unfortunately, I have a decision that I have been stressing over for weeks. I can't seem to make up my mind. I need some help.
At the beginning of August, David and I decided that it was time to buy me a bike. A few years ago, David's parents were kind enough to give me his mom's 1970's Schwinn Le Tour road bike, which is way cute, but I'm just not a fan of the riding position of road bikes. So, I need a bike that can get me around town if I need it to, but that will basically be used for leisure rides. David has a Bianchi road bike, which he loves, so we decided to buy me a Bianchi as well. We went to Georgia Cycle Sport to look around, and I fell in love with the Bianchi Milano Parco! We immediately purchased it and the salesman told us that it had to be ordered because it wasn't my size. He said that it would probably take a week to come in.
This is my bike: (except this is the male model)


I love this bike! I love Bianchi's signature green color and I love retro fenders and red side walls!
Sadly, Bianchi only manufactures this model every so often - in Italy. The salesman called back and said that it would be at least September 22nd until the bike is manufactured and that it could be a month or maybe longer until I actually receive the bike! However, they do manufacture the same model in another color, and they have this model in the store, ready to buy.
This is the alternative color: (sorry the picture is blurry - you can go to www.bianchiusa.com/08_milano_parco.html for a better picture):


It is white - and plain. But part of me thinks that it is silly to wait three or four months for a bike, just for the color. Fall is almost here and I have been so excited about going on bike rides with David in the nice weather. If I wait for the green bike, it could be November before I get to do that. So I need opinions. It's not to late to cancel the order and buy the white one. What would you do - hold out for the bike you love and potentially miss good riding weather or get the white one and start riding? Let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the green one. It's SO cute it made me want to buy one myself even though I don't really ride bikes. But I'm not the most practical person in the world....so maybe you shouldn't listen to me! I don't know how much these things cost but nice bikes are typically expensive, right? If you're going to spend a chunk of money on it you want to love it and be excited about everything about it. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised and it will come in early. :)

Anonymous said...

i vote green! hope you guys are doing good :)

Anonymous said...

GREEN GReen GREEN...I think it will be worth every single second of the wait. I am so excited to see your green bike. We will have to cruise downtown together, you in your ultra-fashionable Bianchi cruiser and me in my 1997 ultra-ghetto scwhinn. So excited.

PS: Josh and I may be lowering our $20 deal to $10 because I am making way too much money...shopping trip soon?