Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Time

Let me first state that I LOVE Easter. I love Easter dresses and Easter baskets and Easter egg hunts and Easter church service, oh yeah and Easter dinner! This Easter, we were in Athens for church. We haven't done an Easter at the Branch in a while. We were there this time around primarily because I had to teach third hour. After my lesson, we zipped up to Rabun to the Dillard House for a little Easter feast with my family. Dillard Georgia is so pretty in the springtime!
After lunch we headed back to Toccoa and started the Easter Egg Contest.
The older boys (David, Aron and my dad) decided to watch the Masters instead of entering our contest, so it was just my mom, Dawson and me competing.
We decided to have two categories: face eggs and design eggs.
We painted away and then had the boys judge.

These were the entries (the design eggs weren't so great, hence no picture):


My egg is on the left. I titled it "my little french girl".
Dawson's egg is in the middle he called his "rappin' santa egg"
(he's in a faze where everything is "rappin'").
My mom's egg is on the right. She called hers "my little clown girl"
-for some reason we have a tradition of starting the names with "my little", it's a long story-

Needless to say, I won.


A little bit of her face dye rubbed off, but I think her sparkle beret is pretty amazing.

Me with my egg.

After the contest, I hid eggs for Dawson and Aron, even though he is sick, agreed to hunt for them with Dawson.
Dawson found the most and he won a weekend trip to the mountains with David and me.
We had a very, very nice Easter.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I was so happy that I got to meet my little french girl in person... she looks even more fabulous in real life :)