Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Life Goal

I have a new goal for my life.
I really like yoga, but I have never taken an official class.
David used to teach pilates, so every now and then I'll have him show me some beneficial moves, but I am in no way dedicated.
I would really love to eventually be able to do this for more than a few seconds.


I think it would take a level of dedication to a fitness regime that I have not yet experienced.
You see, I'm a dabbler. I exercise regularly, but I never settle on one thing in particular. One month I'll run, the next me and Billy Blanks are best friends. Currently, I am doing Latin dance aerobics - very hard-core hip, butt and stomach action.
I would like to pick something to be dedicated to for the next while.
We'll be moving to Atlanta in a month. I think I will begin working towards my goal of yoga guru then. Anyone have any suggestions of good yoga classes in the Metro Atlanta area? I'm sure there are tons, but I like referrals.

1 comment:

Charlotta-love said...

I don't know of any in Atlanta... HOWEVER, you should come to Rubber Soul with me. I go on Monday's. It's at 5:15 and it's $3. THREE DOLLARS. You will NOT find a place that cheap. And they provide the mats, blocks, straps, and blankets. (I don't use all that stuff...I only need the mat). Anyway, it would be a great intro to yoga. I heart yoga!