Monday, April 27, 2009

If These Walls Could Talk


Last week at work I had a very interesting encounter.
The building I work in is very old and has A LOT of problems.
The walls in my office are constantly making noises - I have learned to tune them out over the last 10 months.
On this particular day, there was a sound coming from the wall next to my desk. It was soft at first, but then it got louder. It sounded like some sort of animal. I asked my co-worker in the office next to me if she could hear it too and she said she could.
I put my ear against the wall and said "I think it's a raccoon."
THEN I hear a voice from the wall say "It's just me; I'm fixing a pipe".
I think I almost passed out.
Nobody really puts their ear to a wall expecting a voice to speak to them, at least no sane person does.
I hope one day to meet this mystery man living in the walls of my office.

p.s. I hope you enjoy my paint depiction of the event.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

wow, morgan, you are so talented with Paint! Love the picture and the story, so funny :)

Dana said...

this made me laugh out loud. hahahaa

Jared and Katy said...

Very funny!