Saturday, June 13, 2009

100th Post: Our Little House

For my 100th post, I decided to finally post pictures of our new house. And when I say "new", I mean new to us, because our little house is actually 130 years old. So here are some photos. I am not a very talented photographer, so I don't really do the house justice. The light is amazing, but of course I can never figure out how to get a good picture without the flash. Oh well. We love it here and I've had the best time decorating it! I'm not quite done, but this is what we have so far.

Our porch with our knockout roses


The living room







I am so proud that we have finally framed this crest.
We got it three years ago with Janie and Adam
in Florida, and we took forever to frame it!

The kitchen - love the exposed shelving


David making our favorite Thai food



David did a wonderful job organizing our little recycling center


Our fireplace in the kitchen




The bedroom, with our trusty baseball bat


I love the picture of my dad on the dresser.
I need something for the frame on the left, but it's an odd size.


The bathroom


Our favorite place: the back yard



Our little scruffy girl.
She loves being outside and we love not having a litterbox!



The lovely hydrangeas



The jasmine smells wonderful


Our little fig tree getting the figs ready for us


And our little guardian on the roof.
His pants may be falling down,
but his purple pajamas look good otherwise.



So, there it is. It's going to be a hot summer, but we have a great neighborhood for riding bikes and sitting on the back porch every night!

5 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

Your place looks so spacious compared to Athens "housing" and your decorating is just right...very anthropologie...love it!

Stephanie said...

Precious Morgan! Can't wait to come see it

sug said...

cute cute, morg. isn't it great to have a house and a back yard? i don't know how we had done without for so long! adam guesses lyra will go feral in your jungley back yard!

kimberly said...

I love it- especially how you arranged your books by color! It looks amazing :) Can't wait to catch up and hang out soon!

Charlotta-love said...

Seriously adorable! Love it~