Friday, June 26, 2009

Sadness

If you're a child of the 80s like me, then you have to be sad about the death of Michael Jackson.
He was an amazing artist.
Some of my earliest memories from the late 80s/ early 90s are of my brother Aron, carrying his boombox on his shoulder singing and dancing to "Bad" and me and my mom and my brother belting out "Man in the Mirror" in the car.
I remember staying up with my brother to watch the MTV premiers of all of his amazing music videos.
And I remember living in Texas, singing "Heal the World" with my school while holding those little candles with cardboard bottoms, thinking "life can be great".
In short, many of my childhood memories seem to be set to the music of Michael Jackson. I don't have many memories set to a specific song, but his music encompassed the time and therefore became entwined with my memories.

I loved and still love his music.
I'm sad that he couldn't find peace is this life.
But I hope he knows that any mistakes he may have made don't undo all the good that he created.

I'll stop waxing sentimental now.
Peace.

No comments: