Saturday, June 27, 2009

Grandmom to the rescue!

I am happy to announce that we are done sweltering!
Since my last post on the subject of hotness, we have remedied the situation.
Last weekend we were headed over to Grandmom's house (that's David's wonderful grandmother) to visit and as we pulled into her drive, we noticed air conditioning units in the windows.
Don't worry, I'm not about to admit to robbing David's grandmother of her air conditioning.
Several years ago, she converted to central heating and air, but never removed the window units.
We were more than happy to take them off of her hands!
Thanks to Grandmom, we now have not one, not two, but THREE window units - one in every room!
We try to be good and last as long as we can without turning on the air, but it sure is nice to have them when 5pm rolls around and it's so hot you want to harm anyone who comes near you!
I am so happy that I can wear actual clothes inside again! My uniform while I've been at home this month has been not a lot more than underwear - I really need a job!
So thanks again Grandmom - you saved us!
(I guess I should probably send her a card. She doesn't have a computer, so I'm guessing she'll probably never read this!)

p.s. I thought that rather than showing pictures of our window units, I would take this opportunity to pull a photo from the family photo vault. This is my favorite picture of David's grandparents. They were living in Key West when this picture was taken. I wish we still dressed like that!

No comments: